I just needed a few more photos up here. This is all I have for now, but I'll add some newer ones soon.
So here's a mean mom story. If I tell it myself, then he can't claim I scarred him for life, right?
So here's a mean mom story. If I tell it myself, then he can't claim I scarred him for life, right? We made this big production of going to the grocery store and choosing the perfect birthday cake. (Sadly, I didn't make one this time. I will be happy to have my ktichen back soon.) We were all so excited. It felt like one of those big boy moments. He chose one that looked like a dirt race track with little hills of brown icing.
After a whole day of "can I have my cake," the moment finally came to take it down off the fridge. The house full of family and friends sang Happy Birthday and he blew out 3 candles. Everyone clapped and cheered, and he looked so proud. Then, here comes Mommy wielding a giant knife.
By the time I realized why he was having a meltdown it was too late. The racetrack was destroyed before he ever had a chance to drive the monster trucks AND motorcycles through the icing.
This is my princess looking really cute in the sunshine. I took the picture on the porch after a morning at the beach. She was watching big brother splash in the little swimming pool. He said she looked like Strawberry Shortcake in that really cute hat.
This is teamwork. It's 2 against 1 at naptime when Dad's at work and Mom stays home with the "sick" kids. Yeah, this is what sick looks like when they're too contaigious for school but not sick enough to watch the How Things Work marathon.



3 comments:
Good God, you have a beautiful family.
Oh, and by destroying the cake, you were teaching him an invaluable lesson about the transience of all things. Does that sound less traumatic?
haha. yes, absolutely. making a good little buddhist out of him.
and :) thanks. i love 'em.
Post a Comment