Friday, July 4, 2008
Lonesome Cook
Sometimes when people quit one thing they can't do another without jonesing for the first. Like after I quit smoking cigarettes and then had to quit drinking coffee. I remember hearing a story once of a girl who couldn't eat ice cream anymore because it had paired so nicely with her heroin addiction. I'm cooking a meat pie tonight in a freshly cleaned kitchen and enjoying a large glass of cheap red wine. It's a special kind of loneliness without my dear friend Stephen to help me finish the bottle and smoke up the house with a cast iron ribeye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I also had this problem with cigarettes and beer. Luckily (?) my cravings for beer out weighed those of tabacco and I am now a nonsmoking drinker. :) Missing the McClains today, I hope there are smiles on all those beautiful faces. :~D
Post a Comment