Greetings from the hill country everyone. I'm too sleepy to detail our entire hurricane experience just yet, but I just wanted to post a we're ok message. We were only without power for about 12 hours before we were able to head for the hills. No telling when we'll be able to check out "ground zero" a.k.a. home & work, but no matter what it looks like, we got the most important things out in plenty of time (that would be us, Dad, not the computers). In my last post I mentioned a friend whose husband is a police officer. They and their son are all safe and well (though their house was not so fortunate).
I also wanted to post a THANK YOU message to everyone who has been so wonderful to us during the past (is it only three?) days and who is preparing to be wonderful to us in the coming weeks, days, months, however long it takes to regroup. We feel blessed to have such caring family and friends. It really has been special to hear from our out of town friends, too. Just knowing you're thinking of us fills my heart.
The kids are doing pretty ok. They're resilient little suckers. E doesn't know what's going on of course, except that it really sucks to be hot for so long. Poor little thing was covered in sweat and wouldn't even go for milkies for having to touch another person. G is pretty freaked out and has no idea where he is but he's a champ and is hanging with us. He'll feel a lot better tomorrow when he gets to see his grandparents. The kids did get the opportunity to invent new games and even played together for the first time. I mean really played together--Batman and Batgirl and they even created a "cave" under the arm of a chair.
More later. My adrenaline rush is failing me for the first time in days, and I think I'm about to crash hard. zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Phew, I was so glad to hear your voice on the other end! I hope most of your home and belongings survived. Any idea on when you will be able to get back? So through all this I learned your parents live in the hill country now? Since when and did your grandmother go with them?
xoxo
Hey Steph! Glad you all got somewhere safe and dry. Hope you are loving the hills anyways. Miss you.
love,
Brittany
Post a Comment