The kids and I made a late night trip to Home Depot for a plunger. On the way home, my son started talking about how he would rather be a kid than a teenager because teenagers don't get to play. I explained that teenagers do get to play, but it's a little different than when you're a kid. They usually pick a hobby, like soccer or dancing or playing guitar or drawing, and then they do that a whole bunch and it's kinda like playing. He thought for a while and then told me proudly, "I think when I'm a teenager my hobby will be studying. I bet there's not a lot of teenagers with THAT hobby!"
Tonight, he and I had one of our dozing off to sleep conversations. Those are my favorite. He'll talk about all kinds of stuff when he can't keep his eyes open. Tonight it was about dying, or rather about how long people can live. I told him I want to live to be a hundred. He said that he wants to live forever. And to stay a kid. Wise beyond his 4 years, I told him, and then he was asleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment