I made up a new dish that's super easy and super yummy. I made it organic, except for the onions. And mmmm mmmmmm. Here it is:
Put a bag of red lentils, a bag of frozen pearl onions and a whole chicken in a baking dish. Pour a carton of chicken stock over it. Bake at 375 for an hour.
You can go easy on the chicken stock at first and let the lentils toast a little, and then add the rest of the stock later. Makes it extra tasty, but adds another step.
You can also make it vegan by using veggie stock and of course omitting the chicken.
I put garlic salt, sea salt and fresh ground pepper on it as soon as I took it out of the oven and let it sit for a while. It smelled up the whole house like butter. There was no butter in it, but the onions smell deliciously buttery. They also taste sweet after they're cooked, so it's ok that there are so many of them.
When it's done, you can pull off all the good stuff and use the carcass to make soup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment